Asylum Network Trainings
PHR’s Asylum Program will be holding a training for health professionals on April 1st, 2017 in New Orleans. Click here for details and registration information.
The Asylum Program at Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) offers basic and advanced trainings for health professionals to learn how to apply their clinical skills to support asylum applications. These all-day trainings are held a minimum of two times each year and often offer continuing education credits for physicians, psychologists, and licensed clinical social workers. We require all new network members to attend a training prior to taking on their first case, unless they have relevant forensic experience.
- Human rights law, asylum law, and the critical role of the health professional and forensic documentation in immigration cases
- Physical and psychological evidence of torture and other human rights abuses
- Effective medical-legal documentation, including affidavit writing
- Best practices for collaboration between health professionals and attorneys
- Meeting and networking with other human rights-minded health professionals
If you’d like to be notified of future training opportunities, please sign up here to receive updates.