Istanbul Protocol Model Medical Curriculum
The Model Curriculum on the Effective Medical Documentation of Torture and Ill-treatment (Istanbul Protocol Model Medical Curriculum) is an online resource developed by PHR and other NGOs to be a supplemental learning tool for health professionals who want to document torture and ill treatment according to Istanbul Protocol standards.
The Model Curriculum contains the following nine Modules:
- International Legal Standards
- Istanbul Protocol Standards for Medical Documentation of Torture and Medical Ethics
- Interview Considerations
- Torture Methods and Their Consequences
- Physical Evidence of Torture and Ill Treatment
- Psychological Evidence of Torture and Ill Treatment
- Case Example 1
- Case Example 2
- Report Writing and Testifying in Court
Each Module includes a summary of objectives and content, suggested discussion questions and teaching formats, a PowerPoint presentation, self-assessment quizzes, and a list of primary references. The Modules are designed to be used by instructors in seminar discussions or lecture presentations, and by individual students or student groups. The content of the Model Curriculum is based on the Istanbul Protocol and a number of manuals and resources that were subsequently developed by Istanbul Protocol authors and editors and their colleagues.