Through evidence, change is possible.
Live Webcast: Crisis in Darfur at the National Press Club
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="Darfuri women in a refugee camp in Chad. (Photo by Michael Wadleigh. ? gritty.org for Physicians for Human Rights)"][/caption]Head on over to DarfuriWomen.org to watch the webcast from 8:30 to 10:00 am today (4/14), at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. Physicians for Human Rights and the Nobel Women’s Initiative are holding a breakfast panel discussion featuring some of the leading experts on Sudan. The panel includes PHR’s own Karen Hirschfeld, Darfur Survival Campaign Director.
- Jody Williams - recipient of the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize (host)
- Nadia Bilbassy - Charters, Bureau Chief, Middle East Broadcast Corporation (MBC) (facilitator)
- Karen Hirschfeld – Sudan Campaign Director, Physicians for Human Rights (panelist)
- Emira Woods - Co-Director of Foreign Policy In Focus, Institute for Policy Studies (panelist)
- Carla Koppell - Director, Institute for Inclusive Security (panelist)