Using science and medicine to stop human rights violations
PHR-Israel: Protest, Solidarity and Aid Convoy for the Residents of Gaza
PHR-Israel (not associated with Physicians for Human Rights (PHR), US), is desperately and heroically trying to assist the sick and wounded in the Gaza strip. They have sent the following information to request assistance from health professionals in the area:
As medical professionals responsible for the health and safety of all people, Jews and Arabs, we cannot remain silent in the face of the horrors occurring before our eyes:On Friday, 16th of January, we will set out together, members, volunteers, and supporters of Physicians for Human Rights-Israel, to accompany a convoy of food and medical supplies for the residents of the Gaza Strip.Together, Arabs and Jews, we will express solidarity with the residents of Gaza and the south of Israel, and call for the following:
Together we will call for an immediate ceasefire and for a political solution to end the occupation.Bus transportation will be organized. Upon reaching the south, we will accompany the supplies vehicle on foot up to a pre-arranged point near to the Gaza Strip. There we will hold a quiet rally, after which the supplies vehicle will continue to the Crossing.Black clothes are recommended. Medical personnel may wear white coats.
- Stop the killing of innocent people
- Stop attacking medical teams
- Stop withholding medical treatment from the wounded
- Stop shooting at aid convoys
For details and to RSVP: call Miri,? 0546995199 or email: miri [at] phr.org.il signed:Physicians for Human Rights-Israel
- A bus will leave Taybeh from the gas station at the northern entrance to the town at 9:00 am.
- Bus/buses will leave Tel Aviv from Arlozorov train station at 9:45 am.
- A bus will leave Jerusalem from the commercial center in front of Bank Hapoalim on French Hill at 9:45 am.
- Additional transportation may depart from Beer Sheva at 10:45 am.
- Additional meeting points scheduled for 11:00 am at Ashkelon Junction.
Issues: Mass Atrocities