Using science and medicine to stop human rights violations
Join PHR at the APHA Annual Meeting!
We're celebrating the power of health and human rights at the 2010 APHA Annual Meeting, November 6-10, 2010, in Denver.Join us for the Health Activist Dinner, which we're co-sponsoring on Sunday, November 7, 6-9 p.m. at Maggiano's Little Italy Restaurant, 500 16th St., just 3 blocks from the Convention Center. It's not too late to RSVP: call 312-996-5804. (Cost is $50, checks made payable to OHSI-Activist Dinner.)We're also giving several presentations throughout the meeting.
- Chronic Problems, Common-Sense Cures: Volunteer Health Professionals Bring Expertise to Detention Health Care ReformMonday, November 8, 8:30 a.m. — Christy Carnegie Fujio (email@example.com)
- Roles, Opportunities, and Current Dilemmas for Health Professionals in the Midst of Armed ConflictsMonday, November 8, 8:30 a.m. — Susannah Sirkin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weaponizing Medicine: The Health Worker Campaign to Stop Torture and Reclaim Medical EthicsMonday, November 8, 10:30 a.m. — Susannah Sirkin (email@example.com)
- Population-Based Survey of Health and Human Rights: Documenting Crimes Against Humanity in BurmaMonday, November 8, 4:30 p.m. — Richard Sollom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Human Rights, Social Justice, and AccountabilityTuesday, November 9, 8:30 a.m. — Hope O’Brien (email@example.com)
- Drawing Outside the Lines: Building a Social Mechanism for Human Rights AccountabilityTuesday, November 9, 8:30 a.m. — Christy Carnegie Fujio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Smith Goes to Washington: An NGO Effectively Deploys Volunteer Health Professionals to Reform Health Care for Immigration DetaineesTuesday, November 9, 10:30 a.m. — Christy Carnegie Fujio (email@example.com)