Reporting to our Director of Finance and Administration (DFA), we seek a Grants Manager to join our team. This is a new position within our Finance Department and will be located in our NYC offices.
As the Grants Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Finance, the Senior Manager of Institutional Giving, the Director of Programs and their staffs of dedicated and dynamic professionals. Your role will be as the point person for the overall management of grant spending, monitoring the programmatic and financial commitments to funders and related reporting, and developing the financial budgets for proposals as they pertain to private foundations, government grants and corporate grants should they develop. This position requires a detail-oriented, highly organized individual to track, analyze, and report results both internally and externally, while prioritizing competing deadlines.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Location: New York, NY
- Manage the administrative process for submitting grant reports and contracts, including coordinating with Program and Development staff to establish internal timelines to meet reporting deadlines, identifying reporting components related to this function, compiling/gathering the required documents, ensuring all reporting components are complete, and facilitating final submission once the Program lead and Development have approved.
- Develop budgets and budget narratives for grant and contract proposals, and assemble/create necessary supporting financial and business documentation.
- Maintain a detailed system for financial accounting and reporting of expenditures by grants and projects and help Program staff to monitor their spending progress to ensure that funds are spent in a timely manner and in compliance with grant agreements. Report any significant variances to the DFA, development, and program staff.
- Track grant payments, revenue recognized, and expenses incurred for grants and contracts.
- With the DFA, review contracts and ensure that appropriate staff is familiar with all relevant contractual requirements. Maintain calendars of reporting deadlines and ensure compliance.
- With appropriate Development staff member(s), develop and maintain schedule of reporting requirements and other performance requirements, with related deadlines for each grant and contract agreement. In collaboration with development staff, ensure the timely submission of all grant reports.
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic and hard copies of grants and contracts.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three to five years demonstrated successful experience in grants management in a non-profit setting.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to set up and maintain complex financial tracking systems.
- Mature, adaptable, resourceful, and detailed oriented, with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. A good sense of humor is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with staff at all levels, interact with donors, and represent the organization tactfully and diplomatically.
- Demonstrated project management experience including the ability to plan efficiently, organize, and manage complex multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction, while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of Office of Management and Budget A122 preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Commitment to administrative financial protocol, policy and confidentiality required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) with advanced knowledge of Excel. Experience with Sage MIP a plus.
- A commitment to human rights is essential.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter (with compensation requirements) and resume to resumes [at] phrusa [dot] org; include the job title you're applying for in your subject line.
PHR is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. PHR encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Date Posted: January 22, 2013