Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Reporting to our Executive Director we seek an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to join our team. This position will be located in our NYC offices.
The Executive Assistant/Office manager must be high energy, tech savvy, proactive and resourceful. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently, communicate well verbally and in writing, be highly organized, able to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize, and be flexible. He/she must be a highly motivated individual with sound judgment, possess a high degree of tact and discretion, a great customer service orientation, and a team player.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: New York, NY
- Manage the Executive Director’s schedule and calendar.
- Organize and coordinate executive and board meetings, staff meetings, and conferences.
- Serve as on-site liaison and point of contact for Board of Trustees, building management and contractors, and certain consultants while demonstrating a commitment to high quality service.
- Maintain and Procure supplies and office equipment; Create and maintain procedures for general office functions.
- Organize and coordinate complex travel and accommodation arrangements for the Executive Director and consultants.
- Draft and edit correspondence, communications, and other documents including presentations.
- Attend Board meetings and prepare minutes for all meetings including committee meetings.
- Maintain the central filing system for PHR’s official records, board materials and other organization materials.
- As directed by the Executive Director, conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with facility contractors and vendors.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of office space and serve as the primary contact for all office management issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with all business matters and exercise good judgment and discretion at all times.
- Mature, resourceful, and detailed oriented, with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. A good sense of humor is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with staff at all levels, interact with board members, and represent the organization tactfully and diplomatically.
- Demonstrated project management experience including the ability to plan efficiently, work fast, organize, and manage complex multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction, while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- A commitment to human rights is essential.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter (with compensation requirements) and resume to resumes [at] phrusa [dot] org; include the job title you're applying for in your subject line.
PHR is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. PHR encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Date Posted: March 5, 2013