As the Development Associate, you will work closely with a dedicated and dynamic group of professionals primarily in our Development department. Your primary role will be to provide administrative and technical support to enhance PHR’s fundraising efforts and help coordinate PHR’s annual fund direct response efforts (solicitation and stewardship of contributors giving through direct mail and online.)
This position requires an extremely detail-oriented, technology savvy individual with superior interpersonal and communication skills. This position provides an excellent opportunity to be a part of and dynamic team of development professionals and learn the fundamentals of fund raising at a leading human rights organization.
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: New York, NY
- Coordinate mail and online solicitation and stewardship communications (creative and design developed by others) to donors and prospects, and manage the production process of materials. Work with outside vendors and internal staff to ensure communications are produced and sent on schedule; provide the final quality control evaluation.
- Secure competitive pricing for the production and mailings of communications and other services.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge donor database to produce lists, enter activities and gifts, and generate acknowledgments and reports.
- Maintain and update database records and ensure data integrity and hygiene of records.
- Track results of fund raising efforts and provide reports to the Development staff, fundraising consultants and Communications staff.
- Provide frontline donor support — responding to donor inquires via phone, mail, and online.
- Edit and proofread donor and other communications, as needed.
- Assist with prospect research.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic and paper records.
- Oversee the annual state registration process and other application processes related to fundraising.
- Prepare quality presentation materials and reports.
- Undertake special projects and other administrative support, as assigned, by the Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years demonstrated successful experience performing administrative and data related duties.
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail, while meeting deadlines.
- Mature, flexible, resourceful, and a fast learner with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. A good sense of humor is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with donors, and represent the organization tactfully and diplomatically.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Technology savvy with an understanding of social media. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) with advanced knowledge of Excel. Experience with a donor database such as Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- A commitment to human rights is essential.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter (with compensation requirements) and resume to resumes [at] phrusa [dot] org; include the job title you're applying for in your subject line.
PHR is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. PHR encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Date Posted: January 22, 2013