Careers & Internships at PHR
For nearly 30 years, Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) has used science and medicine to document and call attention to mass atrocities and severe human rights violations.
A Nobel Peace Prize co-laureate, PHR is a global organization founded on the idea that health professionals, with their specialized skills, ethical duties, and credible voices, are uniquely positioned to stop human rights violations. PHR’s investigations and expertise are used to advocate for the protection of persecuted health workers and medical facilities under attack, prevent torture, document mass atrocities, and hold those who violate human rights accountable.
PHR is poised for even greater growth and impact. As part of that strategy, we are very excited to be recruiting committed activists with a passion for human rights. Our headquarters are located in New York City, and we maintain offices in Washington, DC and in Boston.
Current career opportunities are listed below. Internship opportunities are listed here.
- Coordinateur en RDC, Programme sur la violence sexuelle en zones de conflit
- Digital Communications Manager
- DRC Coordinator, Program on Sexual Violence in Conflict Zones
- Grant Writer – Multiple Roles Available (Flexible Schedules)
- Institutional Development Manager
- Program Officer, Program on Sexual Violence in Conflict Zones
- Research Associate, Research & Investigations (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Physicians for Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff.